Today we endlessly move from one end of the country to the other. Sometimes travel takes several hours. At the destination, after a long time in the airplane, on the train or in the car, we want to be relaxed and energetic. How to achieve this?
The best thing is to sleep throughout the journey. Here are some tips to help you fall asleep easily during a long journey by plane or train.
- Dress up in comfortable, loose clothes. Select natural fabrics that allow air to pass through. Insert your sweater or jacket into your carry-on baggage. It may turn out to be cool on board an airplane or in a train compartment. Then we will need extra clothes.
- Take off your shoes and wear warm socks. You will feel relaxed as in your own bed. In every plane you can ask for a pillow and a blanket – do it right after boarding.
- Choose a comfortable place out of the way. You will not sleep if you are forced to get up to let someone pass by.
- On the plane, choose the seats as close as possible to the wings. Turbulences and shocks are least felt near the wings.
- Drink water before travel. In airplanes the air is very dry. Air conditioning also dries air. This can be a problem if you have dehydrated body.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine and other stimulants that prevent you from falling asleep.
- Take with you something to silence the noise. These can be ear plugs or music player filled with your favorite songs.
- An eye mask may be helpful to cover the light. Covering the eyes is even necessary if you are traveling in the daytime or if you want to fall asleep when the cabin lights are on.
- The sleeping remedies are the ultimate means of helping you fall asleep. If you have unique sleep problems, take the appropriate medicines before traveling. Good are anti-motion sickness medications, which, besides leveling nausea, help to fall asleep.
Sleep is the best way to spend a long journey.