Inflammation can be caused by the malfunction of the immune system. There is a relationship between the systemic immune response and the gastrointestinal microflora. In the case of autoimmune stiffness of the joints, the body’s immune system begins to attack its own tissue – the synovium that fulfills an important function in the proper work of articular connections.
After damage to the synovium, the surrounding cartilage tissue, connective tissue, bones and ligaments gradually deteriorate. Such damage may affect knees, hips, hands, arms and is the cause of pain and limitation of joint mobility. This condition is referred to as arthritis. Investigating the amount of specific markers in the blood can determine if it is an inflammation resulting from an autoimmune reaction. In this case, taking certain supplements can lower the level of markers of inflammation, indicating that the inflammation stops, and the pain and stiffness can be reduced.
Arthritis of an autoimmune nature can lead to significant disability and deterioration of the quality of life. Activities aimed at normalization of the intestinal microflora in order to maintain the proper function of the gastrointestinal tract and immune system, significantly reduce the abnormal reaction of the immune system and alleviate joint ailments.
Facts about joint ailments:
- Joint pain and stiffness may be a consequence of the immune system reaction that attacks the synovium surrounding the joints.
- Inflammation causes thickening of the synovium, which can cause mechanical damage to the joint (cartilage and bones).
- Tendons and ligaments that maintain the structure of the joint may extend and weaken, which leads to disruption of the joint’s geometry and is a source of pain.
- Ailments of the joints may result from genetic predisposition. Also in terms of the harmful activity of viruses and bacteria.
- Women experience joint pain more often than men.
- Pain in joints can occur at any age, however, it usually affects people between 40 and 60 years of age.
- Environmental factors, type of work, smoking and exposure to toxins may increase the likelihood of joint problems.
- Also people who are overweight or obese are more susceptible to joint disease.
Supplementation of probiotics reduces joint pain and facilitates daily activities
A clinical study has been carried out involving people suffering from pain and joint stiffness. The study lasted for two months and consisted of administering to patients once a day the probiotic supplement Bacillus Coagulans or placebo. Subjects from 36 to 82 years of age, more than 80% of whom were women, regularly received medicines for joint pain (also during a clinical trial). At the end of the study, people taking Bacillus Coagulans priobiotics assessed joint pain as much weaker and the joint stiffness index was also improved. In addition, these people felt improved walking quality and daily activities.
DIGESTIVE+++ contains, inter alia, Bacillus Coagulans, which supports anti-inflammatory reactions to joint pain and joint stiffness. The use of probiotics and prebiotics is an important factor that helps keep your joints in full fitness and avoid discomfort and pain as well as movement restrictions. This supplement also contains a full set of digestive enzymes that support full digestion of food and absorption of nutrients contained in food. It turns out that the health of the colon obtained through the beneficial intestinal bacterial flora is closely related to the overall health of the entire organism, including well-functioning joints and strong bones.